Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Best Utah Trip Ever!

This past week has been wonderful. The boys and I spent time with my sister and her family in Utah. With lots of snow and 6 cousins in the house, things got a little crazy (and loud) at times. We had so much fun and even stayed in our pajamas all day one of the days. We took the kids sledding, went to the SLC Planetarium, took the kids to jump on a room full of trampolines, and also served up many buffets (It is like a buffet when you have to feed that many people). I treasure the time I have with my sister. We don't see each other as much as we would like to, but are so blessed to have each other and the time that we do share.

The cousins after a long afternoon of sledding.

Me and my best friend.

Braeden, Ellie, and Sissy getting ready for a trip down the hill.

Me and my boys! I love these boys so much and am so glad I am their mommy!

Sledding races are so much fun!

Cason Andrew & Ellie Afton being the best of friends.

OK...so I became a little obsessed here. Shannon took us to see this herd of elk about five miles from her house. We went three different times. I could have parked and watched them all day. I'm a little wierd, what can I say?

Here is Cason "shooting" the elk with his cousins new play gun. What can I say....A Sanders through and through.

5 comments:

Shannon P. said...

Holy Cow I am see that you took a break from facebook for a few minutes to update your blog...ha ha ha ha. Jen I could not even get through it without bawling. I think this is the best trip to Utah that you have had. We had so much fun and made so many memories. I love you so much and miss you terribly but look forward to seeing you again soon I hope.

Wilder's said...

Cute blog! I added you to my side bar too, I hope that is okay???? Thanks for letting me know Addison helped out Nicholas. Nicholas is my child that is attached to the hip. He had a hard transition into Nursery too, and was doing so well these last few months and then we change it again. :-(! As for Eliza yes she is a girly girl that is for sure. Sassy and Stubborn too. Do you see what you and Bret missed out when you stopped at three. The girl is number 4 and with three older brothers they well, you see it in my daughter!

Shannon P. said...

I had to come back to your blog and look at that picture of Cason shooting the elk.Jen I look at that picture and laugh so hard I cry.That was one loud week with 6 kids....but I had a blast and want to know when you are coming again?

MeMe & PaPa said...

I am so glad you and Shannon and the kids had such a good time together. It makes Dad and I smile when we see the love you have for each other. I wish we lived closer but am very grateful we are able to come as often and we do.

Shannon P. said...

ummm ok Jen it is time to update your blog. You know it is not like you have a bunch of time or anything right?? I sure love and miss you!