Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Best Mom in the World!

I guess I never realized what a wonderful family I came from until I had one of my own. Our family has a special kind of love. One of our greatest challenges as a family has been to have my sister and her family living in Utah. I know other families live far from each other and may think this sounds crazy. For my family though, this has been and continues to be very difficult for us all. This is a special tribute to the woman who leads our family. She is truly the strength, organizer, counselor, supporter, and the best example of what a mother should be. This past week she celebrated her 60th Birthday. I know this was a difficult one for her. Even though we keep telling her that today's 60 is the new 40, it has been hard to convince her. For her birthday, she went to the beach with my Aunt Rainy to visit my Grandpa. She is so cute...All she wanted to do was to buy a kite and have fun flying it for her birthday. So...Happy Birthday Mom! I love you, I treasure you, and above all I appreciate you for being you. You are truly THE BEST!
My beautiful mom with her date. I think he lost his hand!
A special birthday announcement for everyone to see!
My mom and Aunt Rainy flying their new kite.

2 comments:

Shannon P. said...

Okay so you get the daughter of the year award I guess....! We really are blessed Jen. I cant imagine life without mom. I miss you all so much and hope someday we all can be together again!

MeMe & PaPa said...

You are precious to me and I hope you know how much I love you! What a nice thing to say about me. You know what? I'm sure glad you are mine.